“The climatic impacts of releasing fossil fuel CO2 to the atmosphere will last longer than Stonehenge, longer than time capsules, longer than nuclear waste, far longer than the age of human civilization so far.”
David Archer, The Long Emergency
We are out to prove this statement wrong!
Reverse Global Warming
- Dedicated to achieving global warming REVERSAL,
- Enabling MORE LIFE in the earth’s biosphere and soils, and
- Preparing those who endeavor to DO THE WORK!
Here’s Why This is Important:
1. We need to reduce greenhouse gas (ghg) emissions…
But we have been emitting for a long time, and that already emitted CO2 is causing massive problems. #1 is important, but we need to do more.
2. We need to reduce the greenhouse gasses already in the atmosphere.
#1 will slow down warming. But it’s already warmer than it should be.
#2 has the potential to cool the planet.
The atmosphere has more than 200 Gigatons more carbon than it did a century and a half ago. This is already causing global warmth, which is resulting in melting glaciers and ice caps, flooding, drought, famine, and a host of other effects. A news account reports that it is “is already contributing to the deaths of nearly 400,000 people a year and costing the world more than $1.2 trillion, wiping 1.6% annually from global GDP, according to a new study.” It’s happening already! Reducing emissions will not stop this!!
Expect more calamity and worse if we only slow down the trend. We need a reversal!!
- 150 years ago, the earth had 200 Gt less carbon in the atmosphere.
- Nature is already sinking 3 Gt carbon per year, of the 9 Gt emitted, in biomass and soil.
- We can work with nature to do more: Sink the remaining 6 Gt, plus more from the atmospheric legacy carbon = REVERSAL!
We can help:
- Transitioning to a carbon-rich eco-farm.
- Carbon negative solutions for your school, community, self.
- Urban involvement.
- Motivation and strategies for More Life!
Available for presentations and consulting. For more information see the Resources tab, or email: email@example.com